Russian is spoken by more than 260 million people around the world. It is not only the official language of Russian, but also of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. Additionally, It is spoken in Israel, the Balkans, Ukraine, Armenia and the USA. At times, it has been considered as the most spoken language in Europe, and, according to the language catalog, The Ethnologue, Russian is the 8th most spoken language in the world.
Being a Slavic language, the Russian language shares a lot of similarities with languages such as Polish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian and Czech. It is estimated that there are around 850000 speakers of the language in the U.S. alone.
WHY LEARN RUSSIAN:
Russia in the world has its position as a geopolitical leader along with the USA, the EU, and other powers. Russia is currently a member of G20, BRICS, the European Council, The United Nations, UNESCO and the World Trade Organization. This has made Russian a language that is commonly used in diplomatic exchanges. Recently Indo-Russian strategic partnership has been built on five major components : Defence, Civil nuclear energy, anti-terrorism co-operation, space, and Politics. Which has opened doors for several job opportunities and a lucrative career for Indians
- It would indeed help you to build interesting, renowned and an admiring career.
- There are many areas where you can work as translator. (Part or Full time)
- Want to work and settle in Russia.
- Going for some official trip and want to learn Russian for travel purpose.
- Learning about the literature and cultures of Russia and its suburb countries.