Oriya, also known as Odia, is an official regional language of the Indian state of Odisha. It is one of India’s 22 official languages and among the earliest known engravings. It is spoken by at least 75% of the population of Odisha. The language is further adopted in the neighboring states like West Bengal, Chhattisgarh Jharkhand, and Andhra Pradesh.
Most of Oriya’s words are derivative from the language Sanskrit. It also includes terms from the Persian and Arabic. India has elected Oriya a Classical Language due to its originality and quality of ancient literature considered as a valuable heritage. Likewise, you will have a huge scope in literature opportunities as well as translation.
- Learn the basics of a LearnDash site
- Get your first courses up and running quickly
- See how to configure quizzes
- Discover how to sell your courses
- Learn how to set-up other key pages